LESA Welcomes New Board Members
Please join us in welcoming Alan Vogt and Rev. Alan M. Erdman to our LESA Board of Directors. Both are longtime advocates and supporters of the LESA Ministry and Lutheran schools. We look forward to benefiting from their insight and dedication as we work to sustain the future of Lutheran education. Read on to learn more about their expertise and backgrounds.
Alan and his wife Linda have been active LESA ministry partners for 15 years. In addition to establishing an endowment to fund LESA scholarships and educational programs, Alan is a member of the LESA Fund Development Committee. The Vogts are members of Concordia Lutheran Church in Kirkwood.
- St Luke’s Lutheran Elementary School in south St. Louis (Class of 1961)
- Lutheran South (Class of 1965)
- St. Louis University (Class of 1969) – B.S., Commerce and Finance
- Stifel Nicolaus – Vice President of Taxable Fixed Income Trading (1969-85)
- The Heitner Corp. – Vice President of Fixed Income Trading (1985-90)
- J.A. Glynn & JAG Capital Management (1990-present) – Vice President and Director of Fixed Income Trading
- Alan is one of four shareholders and a member of JAG’s management committee. JAG manages Equity and Fixed Income Portfolios for individuals and religious institutions around the country.
Rev. Alan M. Erdman
Alan and his wife Lucy have been longtime partners in the LESA Ministry and Lutheran causes. In addition to serving on the LESA Fund Development Committee, Alan is a past Board Member of Lutheran Charities Foundation, St. Louis, and Lutheran Services in America (LSA), headquartered in Washington D.C. Lucy is the Director of Special Services for Westminster Christian Academy. The Erdmans have four grown children and are members of King of Kings Lutheran Church in Chesterfield. (And did we mention that Alan is an avid Green Bay Packers fan?!)
- University of Utah – B.S., Philosophy (Class of 1974)
- Christ Seminary Seminex, St. Louis – MDiv, Theology (Class of 1979)
- Concordia Seminary, St. Louis – S.T.M., Pastoral Counseling (1983)
- Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Sappington – Associate Pastor (1979-84) and Senior Pastor (1984-92)
- Lutheran Family and Children’s Services of Missouri (LFCS) – CEO/President (1992-2016 – retired)
- St. Louis University, Adjunct Faculty – School of Social Work (2007-16)